Skip Navigation


FAQ Applying for Admission 

What programs does the School of Education offer?

The School of Education offers academic programs in teacher preparation, counseling, teacher leadership, technology for educators, reading, and special education. For more information about areas and levels of study - from graduate degrees, post-master's and graduate certificate programs to doctoral programs - please see our complete list of degrees and certificates.

How do I apply?

To apply to a degree or certificate program, refer to the How to Apply section.

What happens after I submit my application?

Upon completing the online application, you will receive a confirmation email with your SIS Student Self-Service system ID.  To log into SIS, go to‚Äč and enter your ID. SIS offers you the ability to track the status of your supporting application materials.  After we have received all of your admission materials, you may be contacted for a personal interview.

I was accepted over a year ago but haven't taken classes yet. How do I reactivate my application?

If it has been longer than a year since you were admitted and you did not enroll at the School of Education during that time, you will be required to submit another application, all supporting documents, and the $80 application fee. See the How to Apply section for details.

How can I apply for financial aid or scholarships?

We offer a broad program of financial support for both full- and part-time students. For information on federal grants, low interest loans, scholarships, and other financial aid, visit the Financial Aid section of the One Stop Student Services site. In general, as per federal regulations, consideration for financial aid is restricted to students who have been fully and unconditionally accepted into a degree or approved certificate program of 15 credits or longer, enroll half-time or more each semester, and advance by 12 credits each year. Note that prerequisite credits necessary for unconditional admission to a program may be considered for limited financial aid assistance, not to exceed the cost of tuition, fees, and a book allowance.

When do classes begin? When do I register?

Please refer to the Registration Calendar.

How do I register?

View the Registrar's Getting Started section for more information.

Where can I take courses?

The registration-start-end-dates/ offers courses at three campuses in the Washington-Baltimore area: Columbia, Montgomery County, and in north Baltimore on the Hopkins Homewood Campus.

Can I take a course without applying to a degree program?

If you would like to take courses before deciding on a degree program or are not interested in earning a degree at this time, you are welcome to apply as a special (non-degree) student.  Financial aid is not available for special, non-degree students. For more information, please refer to the Graduate Credit for Non-degree Students section.

To whom can I talk about my career?

The School of Education is committed to student and alumni support through advising, mentoring, and networking. You will receive personalized support from faculty and staff throughout your study and beyond. To learn more about our degree and certificate programs, attend an information session, or contact an adviser with questions specific to your area of interest.

Request More Information

Fill out this form to receive more information about the SOE and what programs would work for you.