Skip Navigation


Suspended Programs/Program Updates 

The Johns Hopkins University School of Education has notified the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) of its decision to suspend the academic programs listed below; consequently, SOE is no longer admitting new students into these programs:

Suspended Graduate Certificate Programs

Although these programs are currently closed to new enrollments, in accordance with US Department of Education regulations, SOE is required to disclose graduation rate data, median loan debt data, and other select information for all current Title IV eligible gainful employment (GE) programs. To access the most recent disclosure data available for these GE programs, please click on the program links.

  • Adolescent Literacy Education (GE disclosure not required)
  • Assistive Technology (GE disclosure not required)
  • Cooperative Learning Instructional Practices (GE disclosure not required)
  • Earth/Space Science (GE disclosure not required)
  • Education of Students with Severe Disabilities (GE disclosure not required)
  • Effective Teaching of Reading (GE disclosure not required (GE disclosure not required)
  • Emergent Literacy Education (GE disclosure not required)
  • English as a Second Language Instruction (GE disclosure not required)
  • K-8 Science Lead Teacher (GE disclosure not required)
  • Online Teaching and Learning for Adults
  • Teacher Leadership (GE disclosure not required)
  • Teaching the Adult Learner (GE disclosure not required)

Suspended Master’s Degree Programs

  • Master of Arts in Teaching with a concentration in Early Childhood Education
  • Master of Arts in Teaching with a concentration in English for Speakers of Other Languages
  • Master of Science in Special Education with a concentration in Technology in Special Education

Note: Any SOE student who is currently enrolled in one of the above programs will be given the opportunity to complete the program. If you are a student who is currently enrolled in one of these programs and you have a question, please contact your faculty adviser.